Stroke risk factor you can't change include:
- Your age - the older you are, the higher your risk
- Being a man
Someone in your family has had a stroke
( oh ya, since this article is from US, so being African American also included in the risk factor). Having one or more of these factors doesn't mean you will have a stroke. By making simple lifestyle changes, you may be able to reduce the risk of a first or recurrent stroke.
These simple lifestyle changes can greatly reduce your chance of having a stroke:
- Monitor your blood pressure; if it is high, make sure it is treated.
- Find out if you have atrial fibrillation (an irregular heartbeat which allow blood to pool in the heart and cause blood clot) - kadar degupan jantung yg tidak tetap.
- Quit smoking.
- Limit alcohol.
- check your cholesterol levels and make sure bad cholesterol is controlled.
- manage your diabetes
- Exercise often.
-Eat foods low in sodium (salt) and saturated or trans fat.
- monitor circulation problem with the help of your doctor..
TO BE CON'T :)